Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Friday, October 8, 1875

Oct. 8th. Gale continues. Main staysail is blown loose. I am still seasick. I consulted a doctor who says, with all my vomiting my stomach is far from cleansed and ordered a change of diet and gave me some pills. I am thinking that seasickness is a hard way to purify the system. I have been vomiting blood and having bloody passages of stools. God grant this shall not shorten my life nor prevent my usefulness! I ask of Him the fulfillment of my Patriarchal Blessing - that "I shall live to see the Son of God come upon the earth and reign with Him a thousand years and inherit Celestial glory." God give me faith and good works to obtain it. We are shipping heavy seas - one over 200 feet long from foremast to poop, wet the sails over 30 feet high and jarred the whole deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment