Sunday, February 19, 2012

Thursday, February 10, 1876

Feb. 10th.  I am no better.  I had a sponge bath last night and this morning and anointed me with oil.  I finished writing letters home and went to Goulburn where I found letters from home.  I have just time to acknowledge same before mailing.  All is well at home ever since I left, for which I am very thankful.  Father writes me a very kind letter, asks God's blessing over me and my labors.  George Q. Cannon is in Congress where there is the usual howl against Utah and the Mormons.  Crops are light, the season is dry.  Friends are anxious to hear my letters and are praying for me and sending regards.  My little boy, Danny, is talking of me every day.  One morning, feeling bad, he said: "I wish I had two Pas and they had sent the other."  After reading the letters, I start writing a reply to Father's; write to my uncle, Henry W. Miller; a separate piece to each of my family; and send twenty-two pages in all.  We did some visiting and stayed overnight with the Mayberrys.

No comments:

Post a Comment