Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wednesday, March 1, 1876

Mar. 1st.  Last night I dreamed of being home; was in a council meeting with President Young who asked about the mission; then a talk with my folks, telling them of my labors, my present location and the baptisms performed.  All that I had done on the mission appeared clear in my mind.  I realized that I must return a distance of 10,000 miles e're morn, which must be done in quick aerial flight.   I also thought I told about Job Welling's mission and a report sent home by him.  Then I thought I deliberately prepared for coming back and passed with a companion, who seemed to me to be H.D. Haight.  We went with speed until we arrived at San Francisco and were looking at the shipping.  Then alone, I was lifted up in the air and wafted with speed across the deep.  I thought I had two needed articles (I cannot tell what) and they appeared to be attached to my feet, retarding my speed and making me weary.  But my dream took me a long, long, aerial flight over clouds, foaming billows, calm seas, islands and coral reefs, until my arrival at Brother Peg's house in Sydney.  On awakening it was daylight.  I have, at different times, dreamed of being home and each time have thought that I must make my way back, and each time the saying of President Young that the Arizona Missionaries might be expected back in a few weeks was always on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment