Sunday, November 20, 2011

Saturday, November 13, 1875

Nov. 13th.

I am to have an upper half story room at Brother Peg's as an office and bedroom and make this my headquarters, and have been overhauling and fitting it up. I called on Mr. Ellis, formerly President of this branch, now a Josephite and president of that faction. I had a letter of introduction and letters from some of their friends in Utah. I find him a confirmed Jospehite, yet he claims no prejudice and bids me welcome to his house and hospitality, which, of course, I cannot accept with his present feelings. I consider it of little use to attempt reconverting such. He said Mr. Claude Rogers, their missionary, told his followers to treat the Mormon Elders well and open their doors to them. "The Mormon Elders are sincere and have a very hard mission before them." (This, of course, is with the hope of capturing the Elders.)

No comments:

Post a Comment