Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday, January 16, 1876

SEVEN MONTHS FROM HOME

Sunday, Jan. 16th.  Seven months from home.  I am very sore from a cold taken last evening.  The diarrhea continues.  Both result from extreme heat and cold and bad water.  I missed the afternoon meeting, which was a good one.  At the evening meeting, Swan spoke on the goodness of God to his children in the adaptation of everything in nature.  President Groo followed in the same line and spoke of the instructions, crucifixion and resurrection of the Savior, the day of Penticost and the conversion of Paul and his ministry.  After meeting I met and talked with Mr. Harold, the sea captain I gave my address to some four weeks ago.  I joined with President Groo in anointing and administering to Sister Peg for her headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment