Saturday, December 10, 2011

Friday, December 10, 1875

Dec. 10th. I am exchanging and giving out tracts and having door-to-door talks, in some of which I explain the Gospel in detail, showing how concisely it harmonizes with that taught by the Savior and His Apostles and it is the only one that does agree therewith, hence, the only true Gospel. This illustrates my labors in tracting and preaching the Gospel from door to door and I need not repeat it.

Sydney papers, in giving parliamentary discussion on prevention of venereal disease, quoted a member as saying,"Legislation cannot prevent prostitution." I referred to the remark and said, if they raised their sons to protect the virtue of their own person, they need not be so exercised about guarding the virtue of their daughters.

As I had been told I had best go home, as the United States was taking care of our religion, I told them, if all the opposition of the world destroyed us, they might set me down as a religious fanatic, but if we continued to progress against the opposition of the whole world, they might give credence to the testimonies I had been giving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment