Friday, December 9, 2011

Thursday, December 9, 1875

BIRTHDAY IN AUSTRALIA

December 9th, 1875. I am forty years old today. May I have many returns of the day. I have been exchanging tracts. A few decline to take the next. One had seen enough trouble from our doctrine before she left England. Some think they must only receive tracts from their own ministers. But I exchanged 25 tracts, where I found people at home. I had some amusing and some interesting talks. I urged some to investigate before they reject, to take Paul's advice, "Prove all things and hold fast to that which is good." One said I was the first one who had brought a tract to his door and thanked me for taking the trouble. I spent the evening with the Bennet family. I may revive their interest.

I am told that Mrs. Stenhouse has returned and wishes to see me. I replied that I had no objections to an interview. She had gone north up the coast before my arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment