Monday, December 12, 2011

Sunday, December 12, 1875

Sunday, Dec. 12th. I had Gospel conversations in the morning. In the afternoon we held Sacrament meeting and then held the evening meeting. President Nichols preached a good earnest Gospel sermon. I followed and read the third chapter of John. I contrasted the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the other Christian teachings of today and told them that as God is unchangeable, so is his Gospel. It is the plan that was arranged before the world we inhabit, was created. At the close of the meeting I was handed a challenge, addressed to Brother Speight, to prove that the Josephites are not the servants of Jesus Christ, also offering to prove that some of our doctrines are not consistent with the doctrines of Jesus Christ.

A sea captain believes much of what I said and asked for an early interview. He thought we were exclusive, claiming that we alone were right. The Savior said; "Come unto me all ye ends of the earth." I told him we agreed in sentiment, that we were pointing out the way by which all the earth may come to Him and, as God's servants, we had Authority to start people in that way. I gave him my address and he is to call after he returns from his voyage. The California mail has arrived, but mine still has to go to Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment