Sunday, December 4, 2011

Saturday, December 4, 1875

Dec. 4th. This morning I went with Brother Peg to purchase wood, sold at the railroad. This afternoon I prepared more tracts and delivered 25.

I spent the evening with Mr. Ellis. After a pleasant visit on local and other matters, he brought up the Lee Trial, as misrepresented in certain pamphlets. I told him, from my certain knowledge, it was unsafe to believe "The Salt Lake Tribune" or anything published by it.

Mr. Ellis and I also discussed the Latter-day Saints work and the Reorganized group. I referred him to Daniel 2:44; Doctrine and Covenants and other references. I warned him not to be led to consent to the death of the leaders of the Church in Zion, for if he did, he would be consenting to the shedding of innocent blood. I was prompted to give him this warning in parting, more wordy than planned, and in such earnest delivery that the sweat ran down my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment