Monday, August 1, 2011

Sunday, August 1, 1875

CONTINUES MISSIONARY WORK IN ENGLAND

Sunday, August 1st. Meeting: The Saints have a chapel of their own. I talked about twenty minutes. Priesthood meeting followed, in which I encouraged the priesthood in their duties and administered to the sick. A baptism was performed. A font is prepared under the Chapel floor and trap doors open to it. A Miss Jones, a consumptive and given up by the doctors, was baptized. I confirmed her and blessed her and promised recovery through obedience and faith. At the evening meeting, I talked thirty minutes on the Kingdon of God to be set up in the last days, encouraged the Saints to be faithful in aiding in building it up, and receiving its blessings. I had a visit and supper with Brother Spook.

No comments:

Post a Comment